Thursday 31 March 2011

Clean up, clean up! Everybody, everywhere!

Maybe I pushed myself a little too hard yesterday, going up and down the stairs doin' my laundry. My knee is all of the aching now. But Mount Laundry Pile is being cut down to more of a hill, and really for a luandry mining process thats progress. I probably only need a small application of C4 to be able to develop in that area of the bedroom again.

The reason my knee is all achy is because I tripped over a box last week at the old job. I wish I had gotten a picture of the warning sign and the evil box that attempted to end my life, or at least to dislocate it. Some of my awesome coworkers put up a sign but never got around to caging the evil box, so it may be roaming free among the production area looking for its next victim as I type.

I took some before pictures of all the stuf I needed to organize yesterday for some proper motivation. I haven't taken any after pictures yet because I'm not quite done what I want to do with it. I'm probably going to need even more storage I have so much more than I thought.

This is the area in the spare room everything got shoved into. That box is crammed full of fabric.
 This is the filing cabinet Mr. C got me where I keep stuff in. In this picture it's still in the basement.
 This is stuff in it.
When I was working for the pay day loans company a few years back a young lady came into the store high out of her mind carrying that very spool of silver cord asking to borrow a phone. I let her, because she was a customer there, and I didn't really care if she used the phone or not. After asking for a ride she argued with the person on the other end about needing to bring some string. When she finally arranged her clandestine meeting with said person and hung up, she thanked me and said she'd pay me in string and left the spool on the desk. I took it home and it is now my crack string. Even though its cord.
This is fabric hastily shoved into the bottom drawer.

Mr. C moved the filing cabinet up from the basement for me when he got home yesterday. There's no light in the basement, plus a lovely leak from the shower so everything always gets musty down there. Having it upstairs is supposed to help with the motivation to use it again.

I have way more fabric than I thought, and a lot less of everything else. I found approximately 6 yards of a beautiful brown suiting fabric (fibre content unknown) that Mr. C wants me to make him a steampunk inspired jacket out of. I have a pattern here for an historical mens Victorian coat that will be perfect and only requires a few small alterations. And I should have enough fabric left over to make the corset coat I wanted to make for myself. I have 2 yards of some lovely silk brocade that screams overbust corset at me, so I think that makes for a second project. I've got 5 yards of satin blend fabric with a lovely paisley pattern in a bright aqua blue thats going to become a 50's inspired sun dress. There's also about 5 yards of a heavy brown cotton duck with a tone on tone pattern that will make a lovely cloak for use in the SCA (The SCA stands for Society for Creative Anachronism. If you like dressing up in historical medieval garb, sword fighting and other ren-fair type things you should check it out). And I also have approximately 4 yards of fleece with cartoon doggy faces on it that is probably going to become either pyjamas or a couple of kids housecoats for my neices. If anyone can think of anything fun to do with over 5 yards of fire-proof faux suede in both gunmetal and tan let me know. So far I think I'll be making more SCA wear, perhaps a cloak and perhaps some corsets. You never know when a fire-proof cloak might come in handy. I also found some really loose weave cotton that might make a good sheer chemise for the SCA as well.

I found a couple half completed projects, including a nice costume underbust corset made of vibrant blue heavy weight cotton that I decided to do some really nice gold topstitching on. It's very nautical, so I'll probably be making a sexy-ish pirate/ship captain costume to go with it. All I have to do is bone the corset, find some nice white lacing and put a bias edge on the bottom. Et voilĂ ! Pirate posh! I also found a teddy bear that I should have completed by now. It's for my baby neice. I made one for her big sister, so I figured she needed one too. She was born in October last year, and I had intended to have it done before then. That might have to be the first thing I complete out of all the fun things I've found.

So, all in all the attempts at organization are paying off. I have a whole box yet to go through that I know has more fabric in it, but depending on how today goes I might not be able to get to it. There's a job fair thing downtown today that Mr. C really thinks I should attend, and I do want to go too. Although my knee really hurts and I wont be able to walk that much today. So I just might be forced to sit this one out. Damn you productivity of yesterday screwing with my planned productivity of today!


Now I think I have to go make myself a coffee and some breakfast. Yes, this was the very first thing I did when I woke up. Don't you feel special?

No comments:

Post a Comment