Friday 30 September 2011

Hmmm... been really busy getting everything settled in everywhere, I've barely had time for a break. Still haven't gotten everything unpacked, and we're turning in the keys to the old place tomorrow. Things are okay, vet bills are expensive (but he's doing fine now, it wasn't super serious.But it could have been. Gotta keep a close watch on him for a while yet).

I'm looking forward to unpacking my sewing things, which I've held off doing so far because I don't want to be tempted to sew instead of unpack, and also because the sewing room needs some work. I think I actually have excess storage, and not a lot of room to move around, So I want to ditch a few pieces of furniture. So I have a pretty nice compact desk on wheels that I will probably sell, and a dresser that I'm going to repair and possibly give away. I'd rather save on the floor space and mount some shelves on the wall if I need too.

I'm pretty stoked to get to sewing again, I mean I have a few projects that I need to work on ASAP if I intend to get them done in 12 days. I don't think I'll be able to pull everything together in time, so I might have to prioritize and change the plan. But I've seen the type of stuff the pull out on Project Runway, it's not like I'm working with only 20 or so hours.

I also intend to look into a few options for making hats. And I need to decide if I want to do American Steam Punk, or Victorian. I keep flip-flopping between the two. As much as I love the original concept, I don't know if I'll have time to pull it together, it has a long coat and some pretty awesome striped pants going on. But I don't know if I'll have time to work the coat out, as it's something I've never made, and I want to to be really nicely tailored. The pants, holster or vest and tank to go under the jacket will be easy, and if I think I don't have time that's pretty much the second look, with a few added details. I really want to work out if I can make a hat or not in time. I have some goggles I can use, but this look kind of needs to be a little more refined if I can do the jacket too.

Also, my new kitchen screams "BAKE IN ME!" So I've been obliging. I made cookies, and bought supplies to make Doughnuts. I also realised I had a can of pumpkin in my cupboard, and I have some tart shells. So I want to make pumpkin tarts soon!

...Now I am hungry. Time for some lunch =D

No comments:

Post a Comment