Sunday 11 September 2011

Blog Post?

Yeah, it's been awhile. Longer than I realised! I guess there wasn't much interesting going on in the month of August. I just was out playing in the last vestiges of summer, and sewing. A lot. And then, suddenly and without too much warning, we were packing up to move. Yaay! We're moving to a new place, that has more square footage, costs less to rent, and has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It's a jackpot of rental units. The landlord is really nice, but Mr. C suspects he has hopes for us to be the new on site handyman and woman, because he keeps bringing up the fact that Mr. C is a maintenance man. I don't think I mind too much, because he seems to be on the up and up. Like, there are a few small things that need to be addressed before we move in, but he already told us all of the issues up front and gave us the supplies to deal with it all, and said if we have to purchase anything else to get the job done we should just give him the bill, as it should be. So I've spent the last two and a half weeks just packing up my house, going through things I don't want anymore like old clothes and shoes and random stuff from around the house, like the only-goes-one-speed-and-thats-murder-fast treadmill, and the weight bench we never use. All the while marathoning shows like The Guild and old cycles of Americas Next Top Model, and Project Runway.

With all my sewing stuff already packed (I packed it pretty much first so I wouldn't be tempted to sew instead of do the chores and packing that needed to be done) I've been spending my downtime sketching a lot. I'll post some of my sketches too. These are just ideas, and some of them I think I'll be able to create in no time, once we've settled in to the new place. Because I will have a sewing room! A whole ROOM! For SEWING! *squees a little with delight* 

But that's all I really have time to talk about, it took me longer than I had hoped to type this up. So now, it's back to packing. Once we're all moved and settled I'll put up some pics of the pants I've been working on, and the corset top I designed for Miss. S, which she sewed up (with a little direction and assistance from me) and finished. I'm super proud of this design, it's got some really unique details and shape. But alas, I don't know where my camera is at, so no pictures yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment