Tuesday 9 August 2011

Update

We got back from my family reunion out at the lake the day before yesterday. I got to wear my whole Marianne from Gilligan's Island costume! It was perfect. Although, the Cannibals and Castaways costume "party" was really just everyone dressing up for a few pictures then getting changed, due to a lack of comfort for many of the cannibal costumes, and a few of the castaways. I stayed in my costume, because I loved my shorts so much. They were so comfortable!  A couple of the other Gilligan's Islanders and Lost characters stayed in costume too. Lost costumes looked very comfy.

I really do enjoy being out at the lake, it's where I was lucky enough to grow up. At least, until we moved the summer before I was in grade 5. For the longest time, going back to Shuswap was like going home for me, but now it doesn't feel like that. I guess that's part of growing up, and establishing a life for myself. I still would much rather live on a lake than a river like I do, as I love to swim but generally dislike swimming in the river.

I purchased some new crochet thread in vibrant rainbow size 10, and have started working on new jellyfish earings. I'm calling them "Bob", and with the rainbow thread and planned UV reactive beads I'm sure it's easy to understand why. I also intend to redesign my tagging system for the jewelry, to make it look a little more professional now that my printer is working again. I think I need to start stock-pilling some jewelry and getting them up for sale online somewhere, like Etsy. I'm selling a few via consignment here in town, but I think it would be beneficial for me to really start working on getting my online shop up and running. This will also lend itself fairly well to the planned sewing business, although I need to spend some time coming up with a proper business plan and decide how I want to do it. Do I make a few pieces in standard sizes and sell them? Do I make it a "pick your fabric, pick the design" kind of custom-made shop? Or do I combine the two, with some standard pieces for less cost and some custom options? I haven't quite made up my mind on that yet. Eventually I will do alterations as well for locals in the area, and on my own designs if people require it, but I feel I'm getting ahead of myself with that one, and should just focus on what I can make and immediately sell.

Today I've already disinfected and set-up my 10 gallon fish tank. Although I'm going to have to purchase a new extension cord because the 3' one I got is too short to reach where I need it, and the only other one I had available is like, 12' and for outdoors. 12' is way too long, and I'll need it outside again when I weed-whack next.

It's only 10:20 and I'm not sure what to do next, I kind of want to re-arrange my bedroom and give it a good clean up because I found some spiders crawling around in there this morning, but being arachnaphobic as I am I'm kind of afraid to confront the fuckers, and I have a feeling that there are more hiding in the nooks and crannies in there than I want to admit to myself. Although I really should fold my laundry, before they start deciding the unfolded clean laundry is a good place to hide. I still haven't unpacked my clothes from my trip to the lake, so I guess that's probably going to make it's way onto the to-do list. And I probably should do some dishes. But it's such a nice sunny day all I really want to do is walk my but down to the beach and read, and maybe go for a quick dip in the river, despite not liking river swimming, I know it's going to be a scorcher today.

No comments:

Post a Comment