Tuesday 26 July 2011

A stray thought is better than a stray thread...

I was thinking I didn't have a top to wear with my cream soda shorts. Then I remembered I had this fun pretty knit fabric in my sewing stuff and I still hadn't found a thing to make out of it. Also, my sewing machine, Kenny, hated the fabric so much he tried to shred it. My friend left her sewing machine here, and Moira is a lot nicer to knits than Kenny is, so I borrowed her to get this project done. Took approximately 2 hours of work. So I decided to whip up a quick peasant style top, it looks great with the cream soda shorts tucked in, or with a belt sinching it up. I thought about adding an elastic waistband/built in belt, but then it wouldn't look as nice with the shorts.

1 comment:

  1. This picture doesn't do the shirt justice. The knit is very loose weave and it's got silver thread all throughout. Sparkly!

    ReplyDelete