Tuesday 12 April 2011

Command and Conquer!

This weekend I finally defeated a deadly foe. Mt. Laundry. To be fair, I'm talking about the smaller mountain containing only my clothes, not Mr. C's clothes and not household laundry like towels etc. You see, it has been... well, since Mr. C and I moved into our first apartment together I think, that I have actually had all of my clothes washed, folded and put away at the same time. Not that it hasn't been washed at all in the six years, but there always has been a small to large pile of laundry at the foot of my bed that rotates contents frequently. This is due to an epic closet space struggle and the both of us owning enough clothing that we could perhaps fill a small second hand clothing store. But I finally broke down and decided that minimalism is in. And getting rid of things might give me the ability to put stuff away, and perhaps eventually even get more things! And does this girl ever like her things!

I didn't manage to win at fish tanks this weekend, but I've got the process started. It will be awhile once my 10 gallon is running to properly cycle it anyway, so it's not like I'll be able to toss the 3 fishies who will be making there home there in it right away.

There's been some sadness in the past few days since I last posted, as my in-laws had to have one of their dogs put down. He had an aggressive tumour in his lung. I'll be honest I cried really hard, and I still keep tearing up when I think about it. I'm going to miss him a lot, he was a really good dog.

Also didn't get much crafty things done this weekend either. I was discouraged to learn that my cities only fabric store is closed until Thursday, which put a hamper on the dress I had intended to make this week. I have half the fabric, but wanted to purchase a pattern and some contrast fabric for this gorgeous wrap dress. Of course, I had some intended alterations to the pattern (alter it to have a boat neck perhaps instead?) and I was intending to use some pretty incredible teal satin blend fabric with a large paisley pattern with hints of burgundy and some plaid in green and cream. It's fabulous, and once I actually get some headway on it I'll post some pics.

Perhaps instead I should finish re-organizing the craft space, as I still have a large box of fabric to relocate into it's home. And then I can put some pictures up of my awesome abilities of organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment