Tuesday 5 April 2011

I used the magical interwebs to picture blog today!

Last night as I was laying in bed I was contemplating all the things I would like to do today and for the rest of the week, and how it's unfortunate that I don't have my drivers liscence with the old car sitting so nicely in the driveway, undriven and uninsured. If I had my full drivers liscence I'd be able to get in that car, insure it, and drive to the stores all on my own and get things done without having to rely on public transportation and the strength of my own arms to carry everything home. Personally, I hate riding the bus with arms full of shopping bags, although I have done it before out of necessity.

This train of thought led me to thinking about my love of vintage motorcycles with sidecars. If I had this I would be ridiculously happy. Do you see that shade of blue?! L'amour! I'd probably be happier however, if I could find a more modern electric bike strong enough to power with a sidecar. Or a Vespa moped. You know, it doesn't necessarily have to have a sidecar, but the sidecar really adds something to the vehicle. Like a passenger.

This is something I have always invisioned for myself. Riding around on a funny looking bike or moped, sidecar and all, with a long flowing scarf and a bomber jacket with awesome aviator goggles. Because for some reason in my mind, vintage motorcycles and retro aviation style go hand in hand. You can't have one without the other.

I thought to myself even just a regular ol' bicycle would probably not be a terrible idea to get myself around town at this point. A moped with or without a sidecar is a great goal, but not necessarily the most realistic purchase right now. A bike is a good green alternative, and healthy. And bicycling is good for my weak knees. But I hate the look of bicycle helmets. And it hit me like a bolt out of the blue. Even if I never get my moped, the only way to ever make me enjoy a bicycle helmet would be to have one that was literally a retro scooter helmet. And if I couldn't find one as amazing as this to purchase at a reasonable cost...

I could totally get some faux leather and a cheap simple helmet and make one my own damn self. The finishing touch would be the aviation goggles. I'd be the coolest kid on the block! Everyone would want to ride bikes with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment